Sell a Trademark on Communer
Get a free appraisal for your registered trademark. If your trademark is approved, you can choose to list your U.S. trademark registration on our marketplace for free.
How It Works
- You submit our form, telling us about your registered trademark and whether you want to include a domain name in your listing. We verify that you own the trademark and then we evaluate it.
- If we approve your trademark, we tell you what price we want to list it for (generally $3,000 to $15,000 USD, sometimes more, especially if a valuable .com domain name is included in the listing).
- You can choose to list your trademark at the price we suggested or you can choose a price that’s higher or lower, within reason. You can also decide not to list your trademark at all.
- We’re not just a trademark marketplace. We’re a trademark broker. Once we list your trademark, we promote it to thousands of likely buyers through Google Ads, affiliate agencies and firms, mailing lists, social media, and other channels.
- If you sell your trademark through any means while it’s listed on our marketplace, we get a commission of 25% of the listing price.
- Once a buyer orders your trademark on Communer, they send us the money to hold in a secure account. We draft the trademark assignment agreement for you and the buyer to sign, at no additional cost.
- Once both sides sign the agreement, we send the proceeds to you by your payment method of choice (a mailed check, bank transfer, or PayPal), minus our fee.
- The buyer is responsible for recording the trademark assignment agreement with the USPTO, not you.
Exclusive Listing Warning:
If you list your trademark on Communer, your listing is exclusive. That means you still have to pay us 25% of the listing price even if you sell your trademark outside of Communer, unless you tell us you want to remove your listing from Communer 60 days before you make the sale.
If you sell your domain name elsewhere but not your trademark, you must let us know immediately so we can adjust your listing to remove the domain name.
If a buyer initiates a purchase of your trademark on Communer while your trademark is listed on Communer, you cannot back out of the deal or change your mind. You are committed to signing the trademark assignment agreement for that trademark.
You may request to remove your listing from Communer at any time if you decide not to sell your trademark at all, and Communer will remove your listing within three business days.
- It’s free to list your US trademark registration on our marketplace.
- You can also list your domain name here if it matches your trademark.
- We tell you what we think the trademark is worth (usually $3,000-$15,000 USD, sometimes more).
- We keep a flat 25% of listing price if it sells, plus a payment processing fee reimbursement for the buyer’s payment (usually about 2.9%).
- We draft the necessary legal document to transfer the trademark for free. You and the buyer e-sign it.
- We mail you a check for your payout for the cost of postage if you’re based in the U.S. (about 50 cents) or we pay you by bank transfer ($25), PayPal (fees apply), or Payoneer (fees apply).
- The buyer of the trademark is responsible for recording the transfer with the USPTO, not you.